Thursday, September 18, 2008

Helen Hiebert's Lantern of Hope Project

Dear Friends:
Like many voters across America, I am concerned about the direction this country will take in the next four years and have decided to support Barack Obama in his efforts as an agent of change.

To do this, I am launching my own grassroots movement as an artist to raise money for the Obama campaign.



I'm calling this the Lantern of Hope Project. In my Portland studio, I am producing handmade paper candle lanterns with the Obama symbol for hope embedded as a translucent watermark. My dream is to see thousands of these lanterns glowing in the windows of homes in every state, culminating with a nationwide demonstration of solidarity on the evening of election night, November 4th.

These lanterns are available for sale at enlightenedpapers.etsy.com for $25 each (including shipping) or $20 each for those who live in Portland and can pick them up. $5 from each lantern purchased will be donated to Obama for America. You can help by purchasing a lantern and by telling your friends, colleague sand others about The Lantern of Hope Project.

Please contact me if you have ideas on how I might maximize my outreach efforts. Light a candle, and shine a ray of hope that spreads across America.

With peace and hope,

Helen Hiebert

info@enlightenedpapers.com


http://www.enlightenedpapers.etsy.com/

P.S. Bear with me while I work out the supply and demand details with Etsy. If the site says "out of stock", check back later or send me an e-mail.

No comments: