The Morgan is thrilled to announce its new Artist-in-Residence (AIR) opportunity. The residency period runs throughout the year and can be scheduled for anywhere between a few weeks to a few months, depending on the project and work being produced. Selected artists are expected to follow studio rules and cleanup policies at all times during their residency. Artists are required to submit a brief project proposal outlining their timeline and studios needed.
The Morgan provides 24-hour access to its bindery, papermaking and printing studios. In return we ask the artists to contribute to the community by giving an artist talk, demo or open studio. We also request that the artist donates a piece of work created during their time at the Morgan for our archives. At this time, we are unable to offer a materials stipend. Housing is not provided for artists, but may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Deadline: April 1, 2016
- 1 page project proposal outlining your project
- A detailed timeline with studios needed
- Current CV (no more than 3 pages)
- An artist statement
- 10-15 images of work created in the past 5 years compiled together in one PDF file
- An image list detailing dimensions, media, materials and year.
- Submit your application to Program@MorganConservatory.org